This Quinoa Tabouli is delicious! And so healthy. Try it out!!
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups (packed) finely chopped parsley (I used curly parsley...you can use flat or curly)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced (I used a red pepper and it looked beautiful against the parsley)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint (I may leave the mint out next time...make sure you dice it very finely!)
- 1 large lemon or 2 small lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
1. Pile the quinoa in a large bowl and allow it to cool to almost room temperature. (If you put the fresh veggies into hot quinoa, they will partially cook and you will lose some of the crunch.)
2. Add all the chopped veggies and herbs to the quinoa. Toss to mix.
3. Mix the lemon juice and olive oil in a cup and sprinkle the mixture over the salad.
4. Toss to coat all the veggies and quinoa.
5. Salt to taste
6. If the salad seems too dry, add another drizzle of olive oil/lemon and toss.
7. Put the salad together about an hour before serving if you can. This gives the flavors a chance to blend.
8. Serve at room temperature.
I served mine with pieces of pita bread, slightly toasted.
(Quinoa is truly a superfood and an excellent source of plant-based protein.)