A quick and hearty soup, perfect for weekday dinners.
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 red potatoes, cut to bite-size pieces
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 c of water
- 1 small bunch of fresh baby spinach. Rinse well and trim stems
- 1 c cooked navy beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and potatoes; cook until onion is lightly browned—about 10 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, tomato paste and 2 cups water; bring to simmer, cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add spinach; cover, and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add cooked beans; bring soup to simmer, stirring frequently.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.