Yields 12 balls Ingredients
- 16 ounces cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons raw organic almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips (mini’s work best)
1. Combine chickpeas, honey, sugar, baking soda, almond butter, vanilla, and a pinch of salt in a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Remove to a bowl and stir in half a cup of the chocolate chips. Form into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Freeze until solid.
3. In a double boiler, melt remaining cup of chocolate chips. Dip the balls into the chocolate until covered, then place back on parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Freeze until chocolate has hardened, then store at room temperature.