Curried Chicken Over Spinach
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces (6oz each)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 TBS fresh ginger chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 medium sized onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper julienne about 1 inch long
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, make sure it is mixed well before using
- 4 bunches fresh spinach
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil for spinach. While water is coming to a boil, cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Healthy Sauté onion in a medium sauté pan over medium low heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and fresh ginger and continue to sauté for another minute. Add turmeric, and curry and mix well. Add stock, chicken, and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes and add bell peppers and other vegetables you desire. Cook until chicken is done, about another 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cut ends off the bunch of spinach all at once. Don't bother trying to do it one stem at a time. It will take you too long and it is not necessary. Rinse spinach well and drop into boiling water for just 1 minute. Strain and press dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach on plates and top with chicken mixture.