Want a delicious, tangy, SIMPLE soup recipe? Try this Carrot-Ginger-tofu delight!
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/4 small onion, peeled, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1/3 cup light silken tofu
- 2 cups chicken broth
1. Heat oil (I use coconut oil) in a small pan and saute carrots, onion, and garlic over medium heat until onion is clear and carrots are tender. Add a little broth if needed. Place into the Vitamix container.
2. Place remaining ingredients in the order listed into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
3. Select Variable 1.
4. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
5. Blend for 5 minutes until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
I use my Vitamix every day…this recipe is from the Vitamix cookbook.